Lately I have been grumpy, for many reasons, but for now lets just blame it on the rain. Boston had its third major storm of the month this week. According to the Boston Globe, more than 11 inches of rain have fallen in the Bean over the past thirty days, with another 3 and a half yesterday. What is this!!!!
So moving forward, today was the first day of sunshine. I went for a run with my mum and Muddles. Tomorrow I am riding my bike to work, and on Sunday I am going to the park with my sis, Mudds, and the king of Moodoo and his crooney Maiya-Mayiaa. As someone who loves rainy days, let me just say that I COULD NOT WAIT for this storm to end. In order to feel some kind of warmth throughout this crap weather, I played way too much boggle and indulged in hot chocolate and caramelized banana. It was a good pairing, but looked like a piece of poo (literally) when photographed. It didn’t help that the grated chocolate over the banana melted all over the plate creating suspicious looking smears…
In other news, I recently joined the Blogher network, and I promised them that I don’t swear. Does crap count? Something to mull over.
Spring!!!!! This recipe is Sping-y, I guess. It’s a salad, for dinner- don’t poo-poo it, it was really filling and yum. Like most recipes on this site, it is versatile. Stick whatever you want in it (that’s what she said). I cheated with my falafels. We had half a “Near East” brand falafel mix to use up, so thats the way we went. I definitely recommend making them from scratch instead.. sorry Near East, your couscous is still good.
Falafel Super Salad
Serves 2 hungry Metcalfes, with leftovers
1/2 Butternut Squash
Green leaf mix- I used arugula and Spinach
1/4 Head of Cauliflower
Bit of onion
2 White Mushrooms
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
3 tsp Red Chile Flakes
1 tsp Rosemary
Couple Glugs of Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Whole fat Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp Tahini
2 Tbsp Lemon
Salt and Pepper
1 teeny clove of Garlic (minced)
1 tsp Olive Oil or Grape Seed Oil
First of all: skin the butternut squash and chop into 1/2 cm thick moons. Rub with olive oil, salt, chili pepper, and paprika. Place in oven at 400 for 30 mins, flipping half way through. Next rub the cauliflower with olive oil and mix in rosemary and onion, season to taste. Throw the cauliflower in the oven 15 mins into b squash cooking time.
Chop up veggies- radish, mushroom, cucumber, tomato. Wash lettuce and mix with veggies. Make falafels. Arrange all in a bowl and top with cauliflower and butternut squash, mix it all up. Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well, drizzle over salad.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- best organic skin care trackbacked Posted 29/08/2014, 13:21
- 4cut.me trackbacked Posted 31/08/2014, 06:00
- best dog groomers trackbacked Posted 01/09/2014, 13:22
- 12 Minute Payday Review trackbacked Posted 05/09/2014, 19:46
- cellessence trackbacked Posted 06/09/2014, 22:29
- natural male enhancement techniques trackbacked Posted 08/09/2014, 11:51
- Goverment Relations trackbacked Posted 12/09/2014, 19:54
- Natural hidradenitis suppurativa treatment trackbacked Posted 16/09/2014, 08:08
- simply click the following web site trackbacked Posted 17/09/2014, 09:17
- متخصص سئو trackbacked Posted 17/09/2014, 09:20
- How to trade Bitcoin trackbacked Posted 20/09/2014, 18:30
- kulula airlines trackbacked Posted 23/09/2014, 15:46
- CPA Affiliate Mastermind bonus trackbacked Posted 25/09/2014, 15:50
- wireless waiter calling systems trackbacked Posted 25/09/2014, 15:51