I don’t know the difference between zucchini and green squash, I had assumed they were the same thing but for some reason they are sold separately at the supermarket. I will have to have a look in my Food Lover’s Companion later! The point is, this dish will work with zucchini… but if zucchini is the equivalent of green squash, then that goes without saying. This might be my new favourite egg dish, it was so yummy.
Poached Egg over Hashed Green Squash
Makes 1 Serving
1 Zucchini/Green Squash
1/2 Small Onion
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
2 tsp of herbs- sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil.
Red Chili Pepper Flakes
Pecorino Cheese, or Parmesan Reggiano
1 Tbsp Bread Crumbs
Grate Zucchini, place in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze so to drain liquid. Saute onions in olive oil and butter until soft, add garlic (sliced thinly) and dried herbs. Cook a few minutes and add in zucchini and bread crumbs. Meanwhile, poach eggs. Once the zucchini has started to brown, stir in parsley and remove from pan, arrange on a plate. Place poached egg over the hashed zucchini, and sprinkle with some Pecorino cheese and Red Chili Flakes. Eat with crunchy toast.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Accutane trackbacked Posted 14/05/2014, 06:31
- Accutane trackbacked Posted 14/05/2014, 06:37
- Accutane trackbacked Posted 14/05/2014, 06:52
- Accutane trackbacked Posted 14/05/2014, 06:57
- relational database trackbacked Posted 20/09/2014, 15:05
- Reputation Rhino trackbacked Posted 22/09/2014, 14:10
- axzz3EB4RS5ej trackbacked Posted 23/09/2014, 21:08
- Consolidated Credit trackbacked Posted 24/09/2014, 17:58
- Post Brothers Apartments trackbacked Posted 25/09/2014, 06:53